The Arizona Crisis
- Arizona has over 9,945 children in the foster care system and over 2,244 of those children are waiting to be adopted.
- Last year approximately 700 youth-aged out of foster care without a permanent family connection in their life.
- 1 in 5 will be homeless after age 18
- Only 1 in 2 will be unemployed at age 24
- Less than 3% will earn a college degree
- 71% of young women will be pregnant by age 21
- 1 in 4 will experience PTSD
- These youth need your help, a family, and a Christian support system to navigate life and faith.
Every Child Deserves a Family
At Christian Family Care, we believe every child deserves to be part of a loving family who is able to support them through their adolescence and into adulthood. Even as adults, we each need close relationships in our lives to navigate its challenges as well as someone to celebrate its joys. As Christians, we get the privilege of being part of God’s family and to experience this through the local church. God’s intention is for his people to be in community and the family unit is one of the best places to experience His love, healing, and growth. No child should be without a family and have to wander through life alone without anyone to call, meet with, and assured of the love God has for them.
The Gospel Response
- According to the Gospel, God in His mercy and grace gave to us forgiveness, healing, reconciliation, and new life through Jesus Christ. This new life as Christians includes being made part of God’s family through the person and work of Jesus, who freed us from bondage and fear and gave to us the Spirit of adoption so we could cry out to God and call Him, “Abba, Father” (Romans 8:14-16). In Christ we have been redeemed from sin, death, and the devil and have now received the gift of adoption as sons and daughters of God (Galatians 4:4-6).
- Adoption is a beautiful and wonderful demonstration of the reality of God’s goodness, love, and embrace to a child who is in desperate need of the support and commitment of a family. When we adopt, through the strength and grace of God, we get to live out the sacrifice and commitment that we have already received and now give to the least and helpless.
- Therefore, please consider responding to the Gospel of Jesus through caring for the orphan in their distress and displaying the reality of God’s love to a child in need of adoption.