The Arizona Crisis
- Arizona has over 18,000 children in the foster care system and over 3,400 of those children are waiting to be adopted.
- Last year approximately 700 youth-aged out of foster care without a permanent family connection in their life.
- 1 in 5 will be homeless after age 18
- Only 1 in 2 will be unemployed at age 24
- Less than 3% will earn a college degree
- 71% of young women will be pregnant by age 21
- 1 in 4 will experience PTSD
- These youth need your help, a family, and a Christian support system to navigate life and faith.
Every Child Deserves a Family
At Christian Family Care, we believe every child deserves to be part of a loving family who is able to support them through their adolescence and into adulthood. Even as adults, we each need close relationships in our lives to navigate its challenges as well as someone to celebrate its joys. As Christians, we get the privilege of being part of God’s family and to experience this through the local church. God’s intention is for his people to be in community and the family unit is one of the best places to experience His love, healing, and growth. No child should be without a family and have to wander through life alone without anyone to call, meet with, and assured of the love God has for them.